Yet more embarrassing 'before' photos. This time, the garage. Not even room for a toy car in there. Time for 'Operation Reclaim the Garage' is officially underway. Here's the list of jobs ahead of me:
Send the two large wardrobes to the Salvos(cheat: I did this before our recent holiday)
- Organise tools and give all 'doubles' and 'triples' to the Salvos (we have about three sets of tools from those passed down to us from family)
- Put a pegboard up on the wall to store the smaller tools
- Find a suitable place for the bureau inside the house (it's taking up all kinds of room in the garage and isn't being used to store anything)
- Organise hard rubbish collection with our local council (we desperately need a junk collection session sooooooooon for that stained carpet and disassembled furniture!)
- Implement a new garage storage system... shallow, open shelving is my preferred option for tools that can't hang on the pegboard (e.g. sander, drills, plant pots).
- Take all the bottles/cans to the recycling depot
There are also a few other projects hiding in the garage that I'll need to do to finish clearing out the garage... Goodness, Kate...
- Repaint the blue chair and find a new home for it in the house (likely in the guest/spare room)
- Reupholster the two 30's wing back chairs
- Fix and/or sell our third bicycle (which Kym won in a competition) and Kym's pretty but out-of-order motorbike
- Finish sanding and reupholstering the dining chairs (I think I'll build a bench seat with a few of the chairs #watchthisspace)
What's your next project? Any 'shame photos' you can share to make me feel a little less alone?