Friday 28 December 2012

moar's green: my current coffee table favourite

I've been loving on Green, by Brendan Moar since Neen gave it to Kym and I for our engagement. If you live in South Australia (or any drought-prone region, for that matter), I encourage you to get your hands on a copy and take a look. It's got some great ideas for landscaping a water-wise garden. I love, love, LOVE that it not only shows which plants to use, but how to use a range of plants collectively, as I find that many drought-themed gardening books only tell you which plants to get, not how to use them to create a beautiful space.


While I'm on my soap box, the whole "here's-a-list-of-plants-you-figure-out-what-to-do-with-them" is one of my pet hates in a gardening book. I prefer to see a quarter of the plants, with examples of how and where to use them. Needless to say, I am stoked to see a book that shares the "whole picture".

Green is more like a collection of landscaping stories than a "how to" gardening book, and to be honest, I mostly love on the pictures rather than read the content. However, when I see a garden I like, it's good to read the story behind it to discover the use of the space before jumping into a replica in my own yard.

To conclude, Green: get on it. Available for purchase here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for your comments, I love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...