Tuesday 30 October 2012

tuesdays kitchen: rice and almond milk

Are you a fan of the slow food movement? I am. I love working from scratch and using the most basic of ingredients. It brings a huge sense of satisfaction knowing exactly where my food is from, and seeing all the steps in between the pure ingredient and my simple, delicious meals.

I've been making rice and almond milk for Kym and thought you might be interested to see the process, so here it is! 

Ingredients: 
  • 50 grams rice
  • 50 grams almonds
  • 1 litre water

What I use: 
  • Thermomix
  • Strainer
  • Cheesecloth 
  • Jug

Step 1: Put rice in Thermomix and mill for 30 seconds, speed 10.

Step 2: Add almonds and mill for a further 20 seconds, speed 10. 

Step 3: Add water and set Thermomix to 10 minutes, 60 degrees, speed 3 (this breaks up components of rice, which needs to be heated for eating).

Step 4: Strain milk into jug by pouring over a strainer and cheesecloth.





Milk can be stored in fridge for up to a week. It will need stirring/agitating each time you use it, as much like with juice, the 'pulp' can sink to the bottom of the jug. 

YUM!

What have your slow food steps been lately? 

Kate xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for your comments, I love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...