|Children Playing Ball NYC by Janine Green. Available via etsy.|
Welcome to Week 24 of Human Rights Meditations. Each week we’re looking at an Article in the United Nation's Universal Declaration of Human Rights. Learn more about the series here. This series is way more about the time that you spend reflecting, and engaging in the discussion via comments below & twitter (hash tag #hrmlak).
This week we’re looking at Article 24 of the UDHR.
Article 24: Everyone has the right to rest and leisure, including reasonable limitation of working hours and periodic holidays with pay.
Read over the article above a few times and let it sink in. As you reflect, consider the following:
· What's the first picture that came to your mind?
· How did you respond to what you read?
· Reflect how you feel about yourself in comparison to others.
· Reflect on how you perceive others in your world.
· Reflect on your understanding of global issues.
Write the article down and stick it somewhere where you know you'll see it throughout the week. This will prompt you to keep the thinking going! Alternatively, write down something that has stood out to you throughout this meditation.
Now, get talking! Let's talk openly about our thoughts on each article, what we're learning about ourselves and some of the actions we're taking to live more in line with the Declaration. Don't forget that as well as chatting via the comments below, you can get talking via twitter by including this tag: #hrmlak
I'll go first:
- Sooooo interesting to think that prior to the UDHR (and indeed even today) these rights were not guaranteed. It's something I take for granted.