I've been making nice with my sewing machine and putting together a free-hand quilt for the guest bedroom ("free-hand" is my nice way of saying "Argh we'll just see how she goes. No need for the plannin'"). My process so far has been
- Find all the scraps of material across the house
- Iron all the scraps of material (unfortunately this was a necessary step...)
- Attempt to arrange said scraps in some kind of attractive pattern
- Forget pre-planned pattern and start sewing material together in a nonchalant fashion
- Sew pretty (?) blue lines over the fabric in a Picasso inspired manner
The wiser me says: "We'll see, dear grasshopper, we'll see."
What have you made from old material scraps?