Sunday 30 January 2011

Jammy-jam, jam, jam, jammy-jam-jam, jammy, jammy jaaaaaam

The title of this post is essentially what I was singing as I whipped up plum jam with the end of our plums for the season.

I started by picking mountains of plums from the tree:


I rinsed (some of ) the plums in white vinegar and water:



I cut them up (not very well), removed the seeds and added some sugar:



Finally I cooked it on the stove until the mixture was satisfactorily gluggy:


Kym put the jam in jars (the boiling water, glass and tongs thing is all a little too much for me):



Yum:

Then we cleaned up... at which point the song changed slightly to "Jammy-jam, jammy-jammy-effing-jam-jam, effing jam-jam..."

Want some? 

Kate xxx


4 comments:

  1. My parents would quite enjoy some home made jam. Please put some aside for me :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. i had your jam on toast the other day - yummo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow kate wow! i do not eat plum jam but it sure looks great you clever cookie

    ReplyDelete

thanks for your comments, I love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...