Tuesday 17 August 2010

It's here! It's here!




About a month ago my partner Kym and I were holidaying in Vietnam. It was while we were meandering the streets of Hue that I saw it. Displayed at the front of a small, independent art gallery was my piece. My heart skipped. It was love at first sight. What followed was a day of pining until I finally made my decision. Mine. Unfortunately, by the time I reached this point, the gallery had closed for the night... and we were leaving at 8am the next morning! Bah! Fortunately for me, a friend of one of the staff hooked me up to meet someone the next morning. Early. The next morning, after sitting in the hot Vietnamese sun for far too long, I was about to give up when another friend of the staff phoned them and the old, toothless woman in the Indian restaurant next door welcomed me in and gave me a bottle of water while I waited. Finally she came. Just in time to pay and sort delivery details. And catch the bus to Hoi An.

Phew.

But, she made it. My new beloved. And she was worth the fight... and the flight.

Kate xx

P.S. I've rudely lost the info that included the name of the artist, but I'll post it as soon as I find it!

1 comment:

thanks for your comments, I love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...