Monday 6 August 2012

before & after: crochet light cover

Miss Crochet is at it again.... I've just finished a "make the cringing stop" project that I'm happy to tell you about: a makeover for an old light fitting in our dining space. This makeover took about 3-4 hours in total, most of it spent in front of the tv with a crochet hook. I crocheted a rectangle to size, safety pinned it to the light fixture and then used a large needle with the remaining wool to sew it onto the fixture. I also used a key link to hold the light a bit higher, because it kept bumping our heads!




What do you think? Is it your taste or a little too grandma? I prefer it to the original glass covers but not sure how long it will last up there...

Kate xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for your comments, I love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...