Today I'm sharing another project that Kym and I started working on back in January, but have only now finished! Last year we decided we wanted more of a "living wall" look in the back yard, and part of this was to add some height to the retaining wall with a trellis for yummy passion fruit vines. Here's what we started with:
We used unused trellis, stakes that we already had lying around, and the nails and tools we used were originally my grandparent's- the only financial cost was for the plants (totaling $22)! Now, I must warn you before you see the after shots: as we used the materials we already had, the trellis doesn't completely match. I actually think this is kinda cool, because once the passion fruit vines take over, you wont be able to notice the difference- it's like a cool little quirk I can smile about!
Here's what it looks like now:
I'll keep you posted with pics as the vines grow over the trellis.