Tuesday 4 October 2011

new art: charlie stitching

As I've mentioned in previous posts, I've been experimenting with art & stitching. Here's my latest piece:


I may have forgotten to cover the frame with tape when I sprayed the stencil onto the fabric (note to self... remember that aerosol paint goes everywhere!!). 

By using an aerosol stencil I got the general shape of the pic I wanted quickly and without too much hassle, however I've been left with the green paint markings showing behind the stitching.  (The fabric is vintage, from a 30's couch I have had in the garage for about 2 years... starting to put some of it to good use!!)  

Have you been up to any new art lately? Post it in the comments below! 

Kate xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for your comments, I love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...