Friday 27 January 2012

crafternoons at mine

Jane Austen Inspired Original Drawing - Good Company
Jane Austen Inspired Original Drawing by Oh Mr Darcy.
Available via etsy.



One of the benefits of dropping my work hours is that I have more time for making art (which, in turn, is very good for my peace of mind and my otherwise idle hands). I'm blessed to have some lovely-crafty-friends and I've been organising the odd "crafternoon" at my place.

On these afternoons I'm reminded how much better we are together. I'm quite prone to escaping from the world of people and withdrawing a little too far from those I love. Our crafternoons are always a nice reminder that I do need people. The crafternoons also remind me how much fun it can be to chat and sew. I always finish the day with a full spirit... and at least a couple of mended shirts!

What do you love to do with your friends?

2 comments:

  1. speaking of which, when is the next one? Keen as!

    I love anything with friends! Movie at home, movie at cinema, beach, art exhibition, even cleaning! Any excuse for some social company! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tee hee... I do need to organise another one, don't I!? Hmmmm might have to sort one in a month or so (when I start freaking out about needing to do decorations for the wedding!)

      Delete

thanks for your comments, I love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...