Monday 27 June 2011

chalkboard door update...

A number of people have asked how my chalkboard door is going. Here's what I've told them:

It is amazing. 
I love it. 
I don't know what I did without it.
It's just so clever.
It is kitchen organisation bliss. 
It is adorable. 




If you're thinking about rocking the chalkboard door/wall in your home, here's what I've found:

  • if you don't 'colour in' an initial layer of chalk before you start using the chalkboard, the words you write and silly pictures you draw will be very difficult to erase later on. 
  • chalkboard make ALL lists feel like fun (to do, shopping, freezer items, jar items, people to see, bin days..)
  • you will find more uses for the board than you could possibly need
  • if you leave a wet rag on top of your chalk it will crumble. don't do this
  • quality chalk makes a difference
  • warm colours show up brighter on chalkboards than cool colours (and in lists, are more likely to be acted upon)
  • boys respond well to chalkboard lists
  • you will never lose food in your freezer again


Kate xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for your comments, I love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...