Just kidding. But I had you there for a second.
Introducing my Tahini & Honey Cookies*, which sound super healthy, but in fact have a whole lot of sugar, flour and butter**. In my defense, the tahini was organic, the butter biodynamic, and the honey was local. See. Ethical baking exists... *looks awkwardly sideways*
They are delicious and chewy and amazing with dark chocolate through them. And they are guilt free because they sound so healthy.
- 200g butter (softened)
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbs tahini
- 2 Tbs honey
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1tsp bicarb soda
- dark chocolate (optional but advised)
- Beat butter, egg, tahini, honey & sugar in a bowl until light and fluffy (or as long as you can be bothered)
- Mix in flour, bicarb and chocolate
- Plop onto baking tray about 3 inches apart (I say 'plop" because the mixture is quite soft- if you prefer you can add more flour to avoid plopping)
- Cook for 15 minutes in 170/150 (fan forced) degree oven (Celsius)
*may contain traces of sugar, wheat, gluten and animal products.
**side effects include overeating and foodgasms