Happy New Year! How was 2010 for you? I'm happy to say that I achieved some of my resolutions, like avoiding burnout, buying some lovely white wines and hosting a number of art days for friends. So far, 2011 is looking even better. I spent New Years Eve with Kym's sister and her partner in the wonderful McLaren Vale (where we stocked up on local wines & cheese) and saw the year out with a movie and a cup of tea.
Here's some of my new years resolutions for 2011:
- Limit my giving and my wardrobe to homemade, second hand or fair trade items (improving the ethics of my spending)
- Make our home more environmentally sustainable (solar power, insulation, edible garden)
- Commit more of my time & energy to creativity (meaning working less... eek!)
- Nurturing positive relationships (remembering the people I love)
- Spend more time outside (gardening, snoozing, wandering)
Kym tells me his NY resolution is to become a pro wind surfer (he's decided to skip the wishy-washy amateur level), but think's he might just watch some TV instead...
What are your plans for the year?